ID Theft Protection
Think you don’t need identity theft protection? Think again.
Identity theft is consistently the number one complaint to the Federal Trade Commission. And, it can happen to anyone. Rampant data breaches affecting millions of records are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft.
Restoring your identity on your own can be stressful and time-consuming. After a while, some people give up, leaving them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come, including fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records
North Island Credit Union is delighted to make identity theft detection and recovery services available to all members.
All members may purchase an identity theft protection package which includes services that may warn of possible identity theft. The Subscription package includes the following features:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Research, Remediation and Recovery – a professional, certified and licensed Recovery Advocate will work on your behalf to restore your identity to pre-event status, for any type of identity theft you might experience, or even suspect. Selecting a Family Package extends this service to cover you and up to three generations of family!
- Lost Document Replacement – this service provides personalized one-on-one assistance to replace identity credential documents that have been lost, stolen or destroyed in connection with your identity theft event.
- Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Insurance – you may receive reimbursement for out of pocket expenses incurred during the identity recovery process up to a maximum of $1M, including reimbursement for lost wages, attorney’s fees, and other expenses.
- 1 Bureau Credit Monitoring – You will receive email alerts of changes to your credit file that could signal identity theft, including credit inquiries, new credit lines, name and address changes, etc. Alerts can even be sent to you in a text message for ease of use and rapid communication.
- Internet Black Market Monitoring – proactively monitors up to 50 registered credentials, continuously scanning thousands of internet sites for any suspicious activity.