My Virtual StrongBox
Safely Store Documents Online
My Virtual StrongBox is a virtual safety deposit box that North Island Credit Union members can access from within Digital Banking. This digital box stores electronic copies of any document that you choose to save, such as your will, passport, insurance policy, etc. in a secure online file storage center certified by encrypted data centers.
My Virtual StrongBox is available for members to store any electronic document you cannot trust other cloud providers to protect. It is backed by multi-factor security on SSAE 16, redundant servers with 24-hour monitoring, and best of all, you can customize it to suit your needs.
Click to play:
Accessing My Virtual StrongBox
It's simple and secure to access your own personal virtual strongbox:
- Log in to Digital Banking
- Move your mouse over the "Additional Services" tab
- Select "Virtual Strongbox" from the third menu column
- Review the step-by-step tutorial that will walk you through the quick setup process
Using Your Virtual StrongBox
After following the step-by-step instructions, simply activate your Virtual StrongBox and begin uploading your documents. This service is free up to 25 MB of data. After this level is reached, additional storage is available for purchase. My Virtual StrongBox can be customized for your needs, complete with custom folders, easy sort-and-store features, and secure one-time share links.
My Virtual StrongBox was not designed for use on mobile devices. It may work on some devices, however functionality may be limited.
NOTE: If a member plans to close their account with North Island, they must first access their Virtual StrongBox to make copies of their information. Once the member's account is closed with North Island, their Virtual StrongBox can no longer be accessed.
Frequently Asked Questions
What type of documents can I store online?
You can store any documents that are important to you personally or professionally (i.e. marriage certificate, copy of your will, homeowner's insurance policy, vehicle insurance policy, etc.). Store them in your My Virtual StrongBox as a backup to hard or electronic copies that you have stored in your home, office, or personal computer.
Are there any file size limitations?
Files cannot exceed 250MB in size. For security purposes, My Virtual StrongBox will not accept executable file types (.exe, for instance), and file names cannot exceed 100 characters.
What are the different things listed on the My Virtual StrongBox toolbar?
- ADD FILE: Upload files from your computer to the currently selected folder
- NEW FOLDER: Create a new sub-folder with a custom name within the currently selected folder
- DOWNLOAD: Download files from the currently selected folder onto your computer
- RENAME: Change the name of a file that you previously uploaded
- DELETE: Move one or more items from the current folder into the Recycle Bin (files in the Recycle Bin still count against available space until they are removed permanently)
- MOVE: Move one or more items from their current folder to a different folder or sub-folder
- SHARE: Share file(s) by sending a link to that file via email
- DETAILS: View detailed file information for a selected file
- HELP: Displays the User's Guide
- RECYCLE BIN: This is a folder that contains all deleted items, items deleted from within the Recycle Bin will be removed from your My Virtual StrongBox permanently
- RESTORE: This option is only available from the Recycle Bin and allows you to restore items to their previous folder
How do I add files to a folder?
Click the “Add Files” button, then click the “Select Files” button and choose the file(s) to upload to the current folder. Once you add your selected files to the upload list, you will be able to view the progression of each file's upload. Upon completion, select the "Close" button to return to your main My Virtual StrongBox page. You'll see that your files have been added to the folder and your usage meter (bottom left of the screen) has been updated.
How do I view a file that has been uploaded to My Virtual StrongBox?
To view the contents of a file that you have uploaded, click the file. Alternatively, you may highlight the file, then click the “Download” button and follow the prompts. You will be prompted to open or save the file. If you choose open, the file will display. If you choose save, the file will be saved to your computer.
Can I create new folders?
Yes. Select the “New Folder” button from the My Virtual StrongBox toolbar. You can choose the name of your subfolder and it will be placed in the currently selected main folder.
What if I run out of storage space?
North Island Credit Union provides 25MB of storage space free of charge. If you would like to expand your storage capacity, you may do so by clicking on your name and under your account options, select "Upgrade Account." You may purchase additional space on an annual basis at the following pricing:
|Annual Pricing||Additional Storage Space|
Where Can I Learn More?
After signing on to Digital Banking and accessing My Virtual StrongBox, click on your name in the upper right for your personal menu where you may select the "Wizard Tour" or the "Help" link for more information.